Have you hopped aboard the hCG diet hype? If so, you’re probably one of the many people that are struggling to find hCG diet approved meals. I mean, when you are on phase 2 of the diet (500 calories), it is a little bit problematic to come up with a 3-meal plan per day that adds up to only 500 calories, right?
Well, you shouldn’t worry that much because today, I am going to share with you an hCG diet approved recipe that not only has a lot of vitamins and minerals that your body needs, but it is also packed with a lot of flavors as well.
We are going to cook the hCG diet approved Grilled Balsamic Steak. This is best suited for the phase 3 of the diet, but you can also cook this meal for phase 2 (provided that you cut on some of the ingredients).
So, without further ado, here are the ingredients that you need to cook the hCG Grilled Balsamic Steak:
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) boneless beef chuck-eye steak
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup fig preserves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (6.5-ounce) container buttery garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese
- Mix the vinaigrette and fig preserves in a blender until it becomes smooth.
- Soak the steak in the vinaigrette mixture for a couple of hours (if you want more flavor, let it marinate overnight).
- Grill or broil the steak according to your preference (most people prefer it to be medium-rare because of the amount of juice you can get).
- While it is grilling, season it with salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, heat the cheese on low heat until the cheese is completely melted. It should take only a few minutes.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the grilled steak and enjoy!
As previously mentioned, this hCG diet approved Grilled Balsamic steak is great for the third phase of the diet, but you can also cook this steak recipe for phase 2.
All you have to modify is the cheese. You can still douse the steak with cheese but only a little bit as compared to the original recipe.
A lot of people veer away from the hCG diet because of the heavy calorie restriction in phase 2 of the diet. But, it doesn’t have to be that way!
There are many hCG diet approved meals out there and this is just one of them. It is pretty simple to make and the only thing that you have to think about is marinating the steak overnight. Other than that, it is really very easy.
Make sure that you get a fresh cut of chuck-eye steak. Always remember to opt for fresh meats so that you are guaranteed of great flavor and that it does not contain any preservatives.
If you are looking for a tasty meal that is approved by hCG dietitians, then try the hCG Grilled Balsamic Steak.